If you are from Washington DC and came across this blog post, it means that you were looking for advice on where to take professional quality passport photos in this area. We’ve got you covered!
Sometimes it can be tricky to discover the right place to prepare such an important document quickly and correctly. A photograph is one of the critical points when processing your passport application. Failure to meet the criteria can lead to rejection and you’ll have to start the application process again.
Besides, there are so many different places in Washington DC where you can go for your document image. We are here for you to shed some light on where you can get professional-quality passport photos in Washington DC!
Where can you get passport photos taken in Washington DC?
When proceeding with your passport application, a fresh photo of you is necessary. There are numerous locations where you may have your passport picture taken in Washington DC. Wherever you acquire it, your U.S. passport image must meet specific requirements such as size, format, the material of the paper, and specifications about visibility of your facial features.
That is why we want to tell you about some helpful locations in Washington DC, where you can take your passport photos correctly and quickly, and most importantly, with a guarantee of approval!
What do we recommend you ignore when taking your passport photos in Washington DC?
Before proceeding to the best locations to get your passport photos done, let’s look through several spots you can consider avoiding if you would like your picture to be approved and your passport application handled as soon as possible.
- Self-portraits. Aka selfies. Even though smartphones nowadays can snap great photos, submitting photos taken from your arm’s length is strictly forbidden by the U.S. Department of State.
- Old photos from your storage. Especially the ones you took more than six months ago. You must avoid looking for outdated images on your laptop or mobile.
The passport acceptance facility in the Washington DC location depends on exceptional government standards and regulations. Hence, it is essential to find a verified place to take your passport photos.
CVS passport photos in Washington DC
If you were wondering about the most popular spot in AVE NW Washington DC to get photos for your passport fast, then CVS Pharmacies are the first things that may come to your mind!
CVSs are located almost on every street in the AVE NW Washington DC area. It is convenient to choose this spot to get your passport photos, green card photos, visa passport photos, immigration cards photos, or any other pro photo for your documents done!
In order to find the closest CVS pharmacy to start the process of making your passport photos, you should open your maps app to check if there are ones, which are located near you.
We analyzed the reviews of some popular central CVS Pharmacies in Washington DC, and have highlighted addresses for you:
- 2226 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington, DC 20007 – according to customers’ opinions the employees are friendly and are ready to assist you with any questions concerning your passport photo;
- 2129 14th Street North W Washington, DC 20009 – people were satisfied with passport photos that they got at CVS Pharmacy on this address;
- 1199 Vermont Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20005 – if you’re at the center of the city, we recommend you to go to the pharmacy at this address – as it is located very close to some of the most visited spots in DC, and you can easily get there by underground.
Passport photographs are priced at $16.99 and are guaranteed to fulfill each essential authorities specifications.
Unfortunately, you cannot obtain your passport photo online through the CVS website. It would help if you took passport photographs at a CVS Pharmacy. The waiting time is usually from five to ten minutes.
AAA passport photos in Washington DC
In your Washington DC area, it is also possible for you to use AAA’s traveling and healthcare services. Your nearest AAA Office can assist you with driving license updates, foreign driving licenses, passport photographs, trip medical coverage, entertainment passes, and other services.
These stores are convenient since you can quickly locate one in your neighborhood using your mapping app! We recommend you to go 1405 G St. NW, Washington, DC 20005 if you’re looking for an AAA office in the center of the Washington DC area.
The first AAA passport picture price is 15 dollars for 2 American passport-sized images (2×2 inches each). Nevertheless, you can save money by participating in the AAA membership.
Walmart passport photos in Washington DC
In 2023 you are able to get your passport photos done in your nearest Walmart store. Although, it is important to check beforehand, if the selected Walmart store has a Photo Center in it.
Walmart costs $7.44 per two 2×2 passport photographs that develop in 5 minutes. Clients may receive passport photographs at Walmart in Washington DC during regular business hours, Monday through Sunday.
You are also capable of taking your passport photos at home and then print them in your local Walmart store for only $0.09.
To make it easier for you to find a Walmart store with a Photo Center in Washington DC, we allocated some of the addresses:
- 99 H St NW, Washington, DC 20001 – you can easily reach this Walmart Photo Center by underground. The bonus is that it is located in the center of the city and you will find it effortlessly;
- 5929 Georgia Ave NW, Washington, DC 20011 or 310 Riggs Rd NE, Washington, DC 20011 – choose these locations If you are close to Rock Creek Park.
Target passport photos in Washington DC
If you were wondering if it’s possible to take your US passport photos in your local Target store, then we’d like to inform you that you are able to do it there.
Target Photograph Centers are located throughout many Target stores and offer instant ID photo shoots without the need for a specific subscription. You may create a set of two passport photographs for $12.99 or print the fully prepared digital images for $0.39.
A single passport photo purchase will include four equal 2 x 2 pictures on a 5 x 7 sheet.
If you are close to the center of Washington DC, we recommend you to go to the Target store at this address 1515 New York Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002, as it has good reviews and a convenient location.
Walgreens passport photos in Washington DC
Walgreens is a good place to have your US passport photo taken. Nevertheless, getting the passport photo digitally and then printing it at Walgreens may be a simpler, quicker, and less expensive approach.
Walgreens workers can snap your photograph and print it for $14.99 in 5-10 minutes in the Washington DC area. If you decide to take your pictures by yourself and then print them out at Walgreens, it will cost you $0.37 for each photo.
You can find the closest Walgreens pharmacies to by utilizing the maps app, but we can suggest you to go to the next addresses as they located at the center of the city and you can easily go there by underground:
- 801 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001;
- 1217 22nd St NW, Washington, DC 20037;
- 1815 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington, DC 20009.
Where else can you get your passport photo in Washington DC?
However, you have various alternatives when you start acquiring a passport photo. There are likely multiple facilities near your home, where you may get your passport photographs done and printed. Take a look at the following list of locations to take your passport photos.
- Photography studios. You can schedule a studio appointment, if you want to get a fancy passport photo. Although, several studios are hesitant to schedule time with customers who want to get only a passport picture. As a result, not that many studios provide this option. And those who do generally cost around $30. Despite the fact that it is crucial to submit a decent picture with your passport application, remember that pro images are not required.
- Passport post office. Numerous passport post offices provide passport photo services. This fact is quite helpful because it permits you to complete the entirety of your tasks in one area. All you need to do is to visit a passport post office or its website and find out the working hours, so you can schedule it how it’s more convenient for you. In case you don’t know where to find a passport post office we recommend you to go to this address 6323 Georgia Ave NW Ste A, Washington, DC 20011, as it is located in the center of Washington DC, After you succeed with registration – your next step is to come to the place and fill out your passport application. After you take your photos, your request will be assessed and sent out for handling right away.
- Take photos at home. Yes! You read that right. If you have a smartphone with a good camera, all you have to do is ask a friend to take a photo of you. If you would like to know how to take your US passport photo at home, we recommend you to read about it below in this blog post.
How to take a passport photo at home?
If you liked the idea of taking your passport photo by yourself, let us help you to discover some of the possible ways to do it. To find out more about the specific rules you need to follow while taking your best snapshots, we recommend you to read an article about what you have to know if you need to take your passport photos.
To discover more about the process of creating your passport photo with your phone, we suggest you look through this blog post and follow every step there. Once you have a perfect image of yourself in your hands, your next move is to find the best-guaranteed online platform to edit your photo to the required passport standards. By utilizing such platforms,as PhotoAid, IDPhoto4You and Cutout.Pro you can get your passport photos ready in just a few seconds.
The majority of the websites use the AI system, which automatically indicates any flows in your uploaded image and then fixes them to meet all of the passport photo requirements. For example, you should remember that your image must be fresh and colorful, and your face has to be visible. Also, you should not wear any glasses, hats, or accessories unless they’re worn for religious or health purposes. Once you’re acquainted with specifications and your photo is ready, you can download it and print it in the correct size.
There are several sports in Washington DC where you can print your pictures. For example, the same CVS Pharmacies are always open to bringing your homemade images to life. To print out a 4×6-inch digital image for your passport photo, you will need to pay $0.33. The price is almost the same in passport photo offices, shopping centers; the price varies from $0.33 to $15.
When you finally have your printed passport photos in your hands, voilà! You’re at the finish line of getting your new passport done!
- Can You Take Passport Photos at Home
- Passport Renewal at the Post Office
- How to Print Properly Sized Passport Photos on 4 x 6 Paper
- How to Turn a Photo Into a Passport Photo
Where to get passport photos in DC – FAQs
Where to get passport photos taken in DC?
You can get your passport photos in Washington DC at the following locations – CVS Pharmacies, AAA Offices, Walmart stores, Target stores, Walgreens Pharmacies. You’re also able to get your passport photo done by creating it yourself! Use online platforms to help you with editing.
Where can I take passport photos with digital files in DC?
You can go to the nearest CVS Pharmacy or AAA store, as well as the passport posts and supermarkets to take your passport photos to receive them in digital format. We suggest you visit such spots like the below-mentioned ones, as these locations offer digital copies of your passport photos:
– CVS Pharmacy in 2226 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington, DC 20007;
– Walgreens Pharmacy at 801 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20001.
Where is the cheapest place to print passport photos in DC?
The cheapest way to print your digital photos is to go to the local SVC Pharmacy in Washington DC. To print out a 4×6-inch digital image for your passport photo, you will need to pay $0.33.
Where to get passport photos taken in DC – final thoughts
There are some convenient spots for you to take your passport photos in the best-guaranteed way in Washington DC. You can go to the CVS Pharmacy, AAA store, Walmart Photo Center, Target Photo Center or Walgreens Pharmacy to shoot and print your documenting pictures simultaneously. You can also choose between photography studios and passport post offices.
Think about using online platforms if you would like to get your passport photos 40% cheaper and done within 5 minutes, but at the same time guaranteed. You need to snap your best picture and upload it to the chosen platform. Then it will do everything for you! You need to print the digital photo after it is ready.
Now you know about some ways and spots in Washington DC to take your passport photo. This is the time for you to choose the best one and go for your passport photos!
Maria studies linguistics at the Kazan Federal University in Russia. She’s a beginner translator, writer and just a good person. She’s inspired by cinema, music, foreign languages and positive people.